Intellisense Systems, Inc. innovates what seemed impossible. We are a fast-growing Southern California technology innovator that solves tough, mission-critical challenges for our customers in advanced military, law enforcement, and commercial markets by designing, developing, and manufacturing novel technology solutions for ground, vehicle, maritime, and airborne applications. Our products have been deployed in every extreme environment on Earth!
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Technical Program Manager to manage programs for the development and production of advanced military electronics and sensor systems for ground and airborne applications with a focus on integrated electronics. Examples include everything from tactical sensor systems that operate autonomously all over the world to military vehicle sensor systems that support integral vehicle operations.
The individual should have established technical and interpersonal skills necessary to lead a multi-disciplinary program team of engineers and subcontractors. Strong customer interface and presentation skills are essential to support regular communication with government customers, suppliers, and various internal support organizations.
The successful candidate will be a direct contributor to the planning and execution of new and on-going engineering and new product development programs related to state-of-the-art electronics systems that improve awareness, effectiveness, and safety of our end-users, from elite military forces to the general public, and will lead to the expansion of Intellisense’s product portfolio.
What You’ll Do:
- Create and maintain program schedules depicting all program prerequisite activities, manufacturing operations, purchasing activities, and customer commitments as required per program Statement of Work (SOW)
- Create and maintain program budget including cost profiles as required per the customer SOW & Specification for all managed programs including engineering, production, and support
- Lead program-related tasks, including supporting customer presentations and meetings, collecting action items, and generating minutes from Program Team meetings
- Coordinate primary aspects of customer communication, including status update meetings, technical reports and presentations, and technology demonstrations
- Report back to management status on programs regarding technical status, current budget, and evaluation of the projected efforts with respect to remaining budget
- Work with customers to ensure all requirements for all deliverables including their integration and fielding are understood and addressed
- Manage suppliers, subcontractors, consultants, and external program contributors to ensure program success and timely deliveries
- Support Business Development activities related to the Military and Commercial product portfolio including proposal preparation, quoting, and creation of the Program Work Plans as required, through the creation and maintenance of program schedules, cost profiles, and Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
- Conduct business travel for meetings and demonstration events
- Other duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering or a related technical discipline
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree preferred, with 2-3 years of related program management experience
- PMP certification a plus
- 5+ years in a technical design role for rugged electro-mechanical systems
- 3+ years in a program management or engineering lead role in engineering or R&D environment.
- Experience with government and/or military contracts
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must be willing and able to obtain a Security Clearance or have an active Secret Security Clearance
Skills You'll Bring:
- Demonstrated success aligning teams, organizations, and/or employee resource groups to achieve a common goal
- The ability to understand technical concepts across a range of fields (mechanical, electrical, software, and production) to identify and mitigate programmatic risks
- The ability to apply knowledge, insights, and understanding of business and financial concepts, tools and processes to the benefit of program decisions, actions, and performance
- The ability to effectively plan, define, establish, communicate, monitor, and control scope to ensure that all work required, and only the work required, is performed
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills that suit the role of a facilitator of programmatic and technical activities
- The ability to coordinate and finalize high-quality technical writing and presentation slides with little or no supervision
- Strong organizational and time-management skills to maintain a clear schedule picture of multiple programs simultaneously and to carefully track detailed contract requirements
- Knowledge and execution of a variety of proposal and contract types (FFP, CPFF)
- Experience with integrated electronics systems for ground vehicles and/or tactical systems is a plus
- Experience in design of products, installation, integration, MIL-STD-810 and MIL-STD-461 is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience in MS Project preferred
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
What You Could Expect:
- Collaborate with industry-leading scientists and engineers in a high-performance culture.
- Work in a research environment with a precision focus on product development.
- Partner with trusting leadership that approaches tasks and requests with urgency.
- The freedom to take risks, to innovate, and to be rewarded.
- Deliver products that are continually recognized as industry disruptors.
- Alternative Work Schedule (alternating Fridays off)
- Relocation Reimbursement
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- 4 Weeks PTO a year (plus an additional 40 hours of PTO your first day)
- 10 paid holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) with 4% employer matching
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3). We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Intellisense Systems, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status