Come join one of the South Bay’s fastest growing companies.
Intellisense Systems blends the excitement of a technology startup with the stability of a proven and experienced aerospace and defense company. We are looking for an experienced Software Quality Assurance Engineer (SQAE) to join our team. You will be responsible for quality engineering related functions from proposal stage to final delivery of the product.
In this role, the SQAE shall address QA software related contract requirements supporting product design and test, support Material Review Boards (MRB) and Failure Review Boards (FRB), and customers queries.
Prior experience working in Aerospace or Defense industry in an engineering or quality assurance role is desired. Ideally, the SQAE will have experience working in a process-oriented environment that dealt with mission or safety critical products.
What You'll Do:
- Represent Quality Assurance for all software/firmware/Programmable Logic Device (PLD) development activities.
- Interface with engineering, manufacturing, customer, supplier, and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are met.
- Participate in software/firmware /PLD design, defect, and code reviews.
- Review software/firmware/PLD specifications and plans for compliance to contract, regulatory, and process requirements.
- Review/approve contract deliverables for accuracy and compliance to contract requirements using compliance checklists.
- Participate in test witnessing including preparations for test events, test monitoring, sign-off on final test reports, and surveillance of integration and testing labs and their activities.
- Review, analyze and report on software/firmware /PLD quality discrepancies related to the product(s) being delivered.
- Manage / Support software related FRB’s and MRB’s to address non-conformance.
- Assist in software/hardware configuration management activities, including verification of the as-built configuration matches the as-designed configuration.
- Version and configuration control of supplier furnished software/hardware.
- Participate in audits to company/program requirements and industry standards.
- Track’s problem reports and verifies corrective action.
- Familiar with object-oriented programming languages, such as C++ or Visual Basic.
- Experience using CM and requirements management tools, such as JIRA, Bitbucket, SourceTree, Bamboo, IBM RTC Engineering Workflow Manager and DOORS.
- Provide guidance and training for software quality assurance processes.
- Identify the opportunities for continuous improvement of the Quality Systems, including Software Development Life Cycle process and document generation.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Software, Technical or Engineering discipline required with a minimum of seven (7) years in Quality Assurance.
- This position requires access to US Export Controlled Information.
- Working knowledge of ISO9000; AS9100 QMS and CMMI.
- Working knowledge of DO-178 and DO-254 to DAL A-D throughout the product lifecycle.
- Experience working within various software/firmware /PLD development lifecycles.
- Experience validating/testing software/firmware conformity including tool qualification.
- Experience in developing new software quality related plans and processes.
- Highly effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
What You Could Expect:
- The freedom to take risks, to innovate, and to be rewarded
- Partner with trusting leadership that approaches tasks and requests with urgency
- Deliver products that are continually recognized as industry disruptors
- Alternative Work Schedule (alternating Fridays off)
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- 4 Weeks PTO a year (plus an additional 40 hours of PTO your first day)
- 10 paid holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) with 4% employer matching
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3). We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Intellisense Systems, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status