Intellisense Systems innovates what seemed impossible. We are a fast-growing Southern California technology innovator that solves tough, mission-critical challenges for our customers in advanced military, law enforcement, and commercial markets. We design, develop, and manufacture novel technology solutions for ground, vehicle, maritime, and airborne applications. Our products have been deployed in every extreme environment on Earth!
We're seeking an experienced and organized Senior Principal Accountant/Analyst – Government Accounting. The position reports directly to the CFO and will support all areas of finance/accounting, contracts, and compliance. The position’s primary role is to provide backup to the various functions within the department as well as take on additional responsibilities as the need arises, thus requiring a candidate who is hands on, have great attention to detail and problem-solving skills, as well as ability to multi-task and learn quickly. This is an ideal position for someone who loves to learn and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
What You'll Do:
- Preparation and review of government and commercial billings for all types of contracts and ensure timely collection as well as compliance with contract terms and conditions
- Customer verification, account setup, supplier documentation
- Support preparation and review of contract close-outs documents
- Prepare audit schedules and support audits
- Support development of forward pricing rate and provisional billing rate proposals
- Prepare and/or review incurred cost proposal submission
- Provide backup to the pricing function
- Maintain equity schedules and handle all equity transactions for the company and subsidiaries
- Assist with insurance renewals and inquiries
- Assist with credit line renewals
- Assist with tax provision calculation
- Prepare ad hoc management reports
- Special projects and analysis as needed.
What You'll Bring:
- BS/BA degree in Finance or Accounting with 10 years of relevant experience is required. MBA, MS Accounting, or CPA is a plus.
- Experience with U.S. Government and commercial contracts
- Experience with all contract types (FFP, CPFF, T&M)
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Highly skilled in Excel
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with internal/external clients through consistent communication and follow-up
- Strong integrity, high accuracy, dependable, and a team player.
- Experience with billing government contract, including progress payments and performance-based payments, as well as experience with various billing portals including WAWF and Exostar.
- Experience with government audits
- Experience with preparing pricing proposals to the government
- Experience with preparing government reports
- Experience with EVMS
- Working knowledge of CAS, FAR, and DFAR
- Experience with Deltek CostPoint, Cognos/Costpoint Enterprise Reporting, SAP Concur, Propricer, and SalesForce.
What You Could Expect:
- The freedom to take risks, to innovate, and to be rewarded.
- Partner with trusting leadership that approaches tasks and requests with urgency.
- Deliver products that are continually recognized as industry disruptors.
- Alternative Work Schedule (Alternating Fridays Off)
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- 4 Weeks PTO a year (plus an additional 40 hours of PTO your first day)
- 10 paid holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) with 4% employer matching
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3). We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Intellisense Systems, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status