Intellisense Systems, Inc., is a Southern California high tech company specializing in advanced military defense, homeland security, and energy solutions. We are seeking a motivated, experienced IT Systems Engineer to join our team.
The IT Systems Engineer must be reliable, a team player, and understand the importance of good communication and documentation. Our ideal candidate will be someone willing to go above and beyond to expand their skill set, learn more about cybersecurity, and take on new challenges. This position requires extensive experience troubleshooting Microsoft Active Directory, Azure AD, Windows Servers, Exchange Online, Hyper-V, GPO, and Office 365 issues. The Systems Engineer will lead systems projects.
You will also assist with evaluating, developing, and maintaining our security policies and documentation. You will be responsible for day-to-day monitoring of servers and applications alerts and performances. The Engineer will also lead efforts to implement cybersecurity related technologies such as Intune, and Azure MFA.
What You'll Do:
- Monitor and troubleshoot Windows Server, Active Directory, and Office 365 issues.
- Responsible for Server and Application performance.
- Analyze, diagnose, isolate, and identify system problems. Create short term solution to alleviate problem symptoms. Identify root causes and create and/or execute long term remediation plans.
- Conduct implementations that include, configuring, installing and updating servers and applications based on standards.
- Participate in systems planning and help develop Systems roadmap.
- Manage the deployment of desktop applications locally, through enterprise configuration and management services platforms and systems infrastructure considering issues that will be encountered as a result of multiple software versions, multiple platforms with differing software installers, impacts on security protocols, impacts on inter-operations with other applications and other critical issues.
- Create new or update existing technical documentation.
- Lead systems maintenance efforts and performs system hardening.
- Follow established documentation, procedures, and policies. Find opportunities to improve our practices and discuss new ideas.
- Help with migrating physical data centers to Azure.
- Administer and maintain Enterprise Backups such as Cohesity, Veeam, NetApp SANs and Hyper-converged Infrastructures such as MS Hyper-V, and VMWare vSphere.
- Maintain and monitor Microsoft DNS and DHCP, File and Print Services, Scripting such as PowerShell, PKI, MS Azure Active Directory and Administration, Enterprise Monitoring such as Nagios, and other technologies as assigned.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining NetApp, Dell Servers, other appliances at the data center.
- Use cyber defense tools for continual monitoring and analysis of system activity to identify malicious activity.
- Document and escalate incidents (including event’s history, status, and potential impact for further action) that may cause ongoing and immediate impact to the environment.
- Review authorization and assurance documents to confirm that the level of risk is within acceptable limits for each software application, system, and network. Ensure that plans of actions and milestones or remediation plans are in place for vulnerabilities identified during risk assessments, audits, inspections, etc.
- Assure successful implementation and functionality of security requirements and appropriate IT policies and procedures that are consistent with the organization's mission and goals.
- Ensure that security design and cybersecurity development activities are properly documented (providing a functional description of security implementation) and updated as necessary.
- Support necessary compliance activities (e.g., ensure that system security configuration guidelines are followed, compliance monitoring occurs).
- Be occasionally available to work on the weekends, with advance notice and planning
- Mentor junior member of the team
- Other duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-10 years systems support experience
- Good knowledge of Active Directory, GPO, Windows Servers, PowerShell, DNS, and Veeam
- Good knowledge of Azure AD, Conditional Access, Exchange Online, Office 365, and Zoom
- Good knowledge of general Storage and Server technologies
- Microsoft Server or Azure certificate a plus
- Cybersecurity such as SIEM, Intune, Azure Conditional Access and MFA experience a plus
- Team player, proactive, reliable, and self-motivated
- Always look to optimize and automate
- Available for planned support and emergencies 24x7
- Familiarity with NIST 800-171 preferred
What You Could Expect:
- The freedom to take risks, to innovate, and to be rewarded.
- Partner with trusting leadership that approaches tasks and requests with urgency.
- Deliver products that are continually recognized as industry disruptors.
- Alternative Work Schedule (Alternating Fridays Off)
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- 4 Weeks PTO a year (plus an additional 40 hours of PTO your first day)
- 10 paid holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) with 4% employer matching
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3). We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Intellisense Systems, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.