Intellisense Systems innovates what seemed impossible. We are a fast-growing Southern California technology innovator that solves tough, mission-critical challenges for our customers in advanced military, law enforcement, and commercial markets. We design, develop, and manufacture novel technology solutions for ground, vehicle, maritime, and airborne applications. Our products have been deployed in every extreme environment on Earth!
We are looking for a motivated and talented Technical Inside Sales Representative to join our growing team. Your primary responsibility will be to quote opportunities directly from inbound web leads and support the business development and outside sales team. This position will involve outbound phone calling, lead qualification, and consultative selling skills as well as support in sales order entry and working with other departments to ensure timeliness of order fulfillment.
We’re seeking a collaborative and energetic individual that can contribute to the sales and marketing teams, work in a dynamic environment with engineering and operations, deliver messaging & product feedback back into the product organization, and work proactively to drive overall sales performance.
What You'll Do:
- Initiate, quote, and close product sales with leads primarily driven through website traffic
- Support the business development team in following up with key customers
- Interact with prospects via telephone and email with a high attention to detail
- Proactively develop a lead funnel strategy in collaboration with the BD team in targeted markets
- Manage all relevant lead qualifications, opportunities, and sales activities using Salesforce.com
- Support sales order entry and tracking in conjunction with Contracts and Finance teams
- Quickly learn our weather and flood sensor products, effectively communicating the value proposition, and be able to react to objections and competitive questions
- Support the Marketing group in digital marketing strategies to grow website lead generation.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring:
- 2-3 years of proven excellence in sales development, inside sales, and/or sales.
- Experience using Salesforce.com or comparable CRM is required
- Experience in selling technical products is highly desired
- A 4-year degree is highly desired but not required with sufficient prior technical sales experience
- Experience in both commercial and government markets would be a strong plus
- Strong understanding of SDR and lead development best practices and procedures
- Proven ability to perform successfully given low oversight and limited process
- Positive can-do attitude and tireless work ethic. Driven and self-sufficient.
- Must live and breathe startups with broad responsibilities in a busy, dynamic environment
- High capacity to learn and adapt to new methods and ideas
- Detailed oriented mindset to all tasks
What You Could Expect:
- The freedom to take risks, to innovate, and to be rewarded
- Partner with trusting leadership that approaches tasks and requests with urgency
- Deliver products that are continually recognized as industry disruptors
- Alternative Work Schedule (alternating Fridays off)
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- 4 Weeks PTO a year (plus an additional 40 hours of PTO your first day)
- 10 paid holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) with 4% employer matching
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3). We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Intellisense Systems, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.