Intellisense Systems innovates what seemed impossible. We are a fast-growing Southern California technology innovator that solves tough, mission-critical challenges for our customers in advanced military, law enforcement, and commercial markets. We design, develop, and manufacture novel technology solutions for ground, vehicle, maritime, and airborne applications. Our products have been deployed in every extreme environment on Earth!
The Senior Contracts Manager is critical to the overall strategic direction and performance of the business. In this role, the individual will work with a team of exceptional professionals and collaborate across the major support functions and line organizations. They will interact with GM’s from the four primary business areas, Business Development staff and support groups.
This position will have primary responsibility for managing the contracts and subcontracts functions for two business areas. The individual will ensure the contract administration and subcontracts functions are performed in a manner which meet the Company’s objectives and satisfy compliance with required laws and regulations. The position provides advice and guidance to management on the implications of contract and subcontract legislative and regulatory developments and ensures that current and future resource needs of the contracts and subcontracts functions are met while demonstrating a compelling vision for continuous improvement.
The individual will have significant knowledge of commercial, international and federal (FAR, DFARS) rules and regulations and practices affecting international contracts, including UCC, US import and export controls, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FPCA) anti-boycott laws and various international acts (e.g., United Kingdom Bribery Act.)
What You'll Do:
- Provide leadership and hands-on support of the contracts and subcontracts function for assigned business areas.
- Support commercial and international engagements and assist with ITAR/EAR reviews to ensure appropriate handling of export-controlled data.
- Advise and assist senior management in the planning, development & coordination of contract, subcontract and proposal support of overall operational objectives. Ensure essential communication is maintained between the operation and functional areas.
- Provide guidance to management and staff on contractual issues, including technical data and intellectual property rights.
- Manage the contract change control process.
- Assist business areas in understanding and satisfying contract delivery requirements. Focus on directing the organization to meet critical schedules, resolve critical/complex technical or operational issues.
- Assist with developing and enhancing strategic processes that optimize business infrastructure and streamline business processes in the area of contract management. Interpret, execute and recommend modifications to organizational policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with customer contracting officials to facilitate business transactions and enhance future project acquisitions.
- Assist in developing and presenting risk mitigation strategies/plans to senior management.
- Prepare and negotiate confidential disclosure agreements, teaming agreements, consultant and subcontractor agreements.
- Lead strategic procurements, complex negotiations, and problem resolution with internal and external customers.
- Assist with employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary and awards.
- Ensure all contracts and subcontracts activities are carried out in accordance with management direction and policies.
- Work with staff to assure information contained within the contract management system is current and accurate for all assigned work efforts.
- Support Costpoint administration and data entry activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, acquisition or a related field with 10 to 15 years of progressively complex experience, and at least 7 years in a management role.
- JD a plus
- Exceptional leadership skills and demonstrated ability to build a consensus for continuous improvement.
- Ability to create innovative industry solutions to diverse, complex issues with comprehensive project management skills to meet deadlines or milestones.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of contracts and subcontracts and a demonstrated ability to drive industry excellence and execution.
- Extensive international contracting and export licensing experience.
- Exceptional collaboration, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and demonstrate strong time management/problem resolution skills and be able to coordinate and prioritize multiple high visibility projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer service focus with experience working with internal, commercial, international and government customers.
- Demonstrated expertise related to FAR/DFARS.
- Security Clearance or ability to obtain a Clearance.
- Familiarity with Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) contracting
- Experience as Facility Security officer (FSO)
- Professional certification(s) (e.g., CPCM, CFCM, etc.)
- Familiarity with Deltek Costpoint
- Familiarity with Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) contracts
- Experience with International contracting and trade compliance (ITAR/EAR)
What You Could Expect:
- The freedom to take risks, to innovate, and to be rewarded
- Partner with trusting leadership that approaches tasks and requests with urgency
- Deliver products that are continually recognized as industry disruptors
- Alternative Work Schedule (alternating Fridays off)
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- 4 Weeks PTO a year (plus an additional 40 hours of PTO your first day)
- 10 paid holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) with 4% employer matching
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3). We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Intellisense Systems, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.